This week I have been in a bit of a running funk. It happens to all athletes now and then, I guess. With long work hours and other stressors, I have felt like traning this week had been a bust.
But tonight, on the lonely road on the back side of Sand Hill, I started to reminisce about a night many years ago. 11 April, 1989... to be exact, just after 9 PM. It was then that a Private Spartan was introduced formally to Fort Benning and the US Army.
The first half of my run was reflection. Then I hit my turn around point and the new voice of Running Training and Doctrine was echoing through my head. I had gotten the chance to hear and meet Jeff Galloway this week at Big Dog Running Company. He was full of insight into the sport of running, and was freely talking about his secrets of training. I had used a variation of his program to help me survive the ING Miami Marathon in one piece. So, having now found my MoJo, and being enlightened by the man himself, I used his program to run the second half of my night run with a negative split. Imagine that, taking a walk break every 4 minutes and running back along the same route, with more uphill coming back, FASTER!
Bottom Line: 7.52 miles in 1:02:50 and the MoJo was returned to owner!
Gmail and Blackberry
No comments:
Post a Comment