Today is going to be a gym day. My wife instructs different classes at the Smith Gym on main post, which is really awesome; both her leading classes and the gym itself! so this morning, I'll go and try to start getting into my motivation to get in the gym again every other day. I was in a routine while deployed and I haven't been able to find the motivation to get into the gym like I was then. I went at the hotel I was staying in during the Memorial Day weekend, but this is about getting back into a routine.
I recently read that going the first few weeks is motivation, and then going after the next few months is a habit. The habit was broken when I got on the Blackhawk at FOB Hammer on the May 17th and started heading back to the States. Now I have been starting my runs up, but I haven't gotten into my X-training or weight training routine yet.
I do have a few good things going for me, though. While I was deployed the Hammer Jammer Gym had a few "stability balls." It took me a while before I was willing to try them out. I'm a guy, we don't do sit-ups on balls! Well, yes, now I do. When I first tried them out, I was amazed at how little I could do. I really astounded me at how quickly it helped me improve what were already good working abs, that I wrote the wife in a few emails that we needed one. She already knew the benefits of the stability ball, and when I got home, found out we had one in the house. So everyday, I do at least two exercises on it ... some days I do more. One day, I did so many different exercises on it, after a half-hour I had only done one set of each!
So today is about seeing if I can get back into my routine. Gaining the motivation to start up and establish a habit that I can live with. This, my third Saturday back from my 3rd tour in Iraq with the 3rd ID. Hopefully, the 3rd time is a charm!
In looking at my post, the whole point is readjustment. It has been harder this time than I thought it could ever be.
"Army Strong" instrumental playing in my head.
"Git 'er Done!"
I recently read that going the first few weeks is motivation, and then going after the next few months is a habit. The habit was broken when I got on the Blackhawk at FOB Hammer on the May 17th and started heading back to the States. Now I have been starting my runs up, but I haven't gotten into my X-training or weight training routine yet.
I do have a few good things going for me, though. While I was deployed the Hammer Jammer Gym had a few "stability balls." It took me a while before I was willing to try them out. I'm a guy, we don't do sit-ups on balls! Well, yes, now I do. When I first tried them out, I was amazed at how little I could do. I really astounded me at how quickly it helped me improve what were already good working abs, that I wrote the wife in a few emails that we needed one. She already knew the benefits of the stability ball, and when I got home, found out we had one in the house. So everyday, I do at least two exercises on it ... some days I do more. One day, I did so many different exercises on it, after a half-hour I had only done one set of each!
So today is about seeing if I can get back into my routine. Gaining the motivation to start up and establish a habit that I can live with. This, my third Saturday back from my 3rd tour in Iraq with the 3rd ID. Hopefully, the 3rd time is a charm!
In looking at my post, the whole point is readjustment. It has been harder this time than I thought it could ever be.
"Army Strong" instrumental playing in my head.
"Git 'er Done!"
No comments:
Post a Comment