
Today was a good day that has left me sore from my head to my toes. I can't complain much because I am working towards my goals. I didn't think that a long run at a pace slower than what I normally train at was going to beat me up like this.
Did I mention that I am registered to do a marathon. Although it feels as if I have ran a marathon my whole life, this is the first time that I am actually registered to go on a marathon. I completed a half-marathon on Christmas Day 2007, so I made myself a goal to run in the marathon that would be the most fun. I plan on running in the Walt Disney World Marathon in January 2009. What is more exciting is that my wife is going to run the Half Marathon on the Saturday before the Big Run.
So I stuck to my long run training plan as well as I could today, but as I recorded in my Runner World log today, the humidity is just so thick in GA that I was only able to make it 5.5 miles before the lungs started acting up on me. I had the same feeling when I was doing a "Tempo" run the other day, and I know it's not dehydration.
I ended up getting in my 7 miles, plus about a half mail extra due to a miscalculation on my part, but the wind was sucked out of my sails and I found myself in a cool shower and soaking my feet in a cool bath. I usually can endure far worse, and when I did 6 miles back on the FOB not to long ago, I didn't suffer from the dull aches I'm feeling today.
I am reminded that not all runs are good runs, but this run was a good training run.
No comments:
Post a Comment