
But always ready to rant! I like to post my workouts and runs on different sights and wish I could combine them.
Last night was a two mile run. Hit the fitness trail up at about 8 PM, as I had to wait for the temps to get back down under 90! Again, the humidity is a challenge, but tonight was just about getting in an easy two miles to prepare the body for longer workouts this week. As usual, I was on pace and I ran into a lady with a few dogs. I understand young women having a dog, but this lady had three! Two were very well behaved, but one wanted to keep running circles around me. I slowed down, greeted her, and then when clear of the crazy canine, I speed up, only to have the pleasure of running into them on the other side of the loop. They had come across the half-way cut-though while I was doing the full trail, and so I had to slow down again as little yipper-yapper was running around until I past again. I just wish that I could have run my run instead of the run a was forced to run.
My other problem with the run the other night was the fact that I was going slower than normal, which isn't normal for me. I actually have to think harder about setting my pace slower than just going out and speeding.
Been wondering about my cross training also. I used to be a quick ol' man by doing a bunch of 3-4 mile runs all week long and a 5-6 miler, where as now I am running only 3 times a week and even though I am amassing the same mileage as before, it doesn't seem like I am doing enough. I'm going to stick to my plan, though and tweak it only very slightly as I don't want to mess with it too much. It just seems to be against what I've done for so long. Also, a lot of my X-training is actually strength training, and isn't really geared towards the goal of a marathon in January.
Still trying to find a half-marathon or 10K in September or October close to Fort Benning. I'm thinking of minimal cost.
Getting my grove on with the Battlefield 2 lately. Trying to get near to my actually rank on the game, but it's just a game. As with running, some games go good, and some are just OK, but some game is better than no game.
Both girls are having a sleepover tonight and the wife had them doing different activities, so they are happy girls.
Thanks to the Fort Benning Chaplin at the Follow Me Chapel for such a good family briefing. It helps to have somebody remind you of good ways to make deposits into the "Love Bank."
Reintegration Day 10 ... done. 16 more months 'til the next deployment ... Hooah.
Last night was a two mile run. Hit the fitness trail up at about 8 PM, as I had to wait for the temps to get back down under 90! Again, the humidity is a challenge, but tonight was just about getting in an easy two miles to prepare the body for longer workouts this week. As usual, I was on pace and I ran into a lady with a few dogs. I understand young women having a dog, but this lady had three! Two were very well behaved, but one wanted to keep running circles around me. I slowed down, greeted her, and then when clear of the crazy canine, I speed up, only to have the pleasure of running into them on the other side of the loop. They had come across the half-way cut-though while I was doing the full trail, and so I had to slow down again as little yipper-yapper was running around until I past again. I just wish that I could have run my run instead of the run a was forced to run.
My other problem with the run the other night was the fact that I was going slower than normal, which isn't normal for me. I actually have to think harder about setting my pace slower than just going out and speeding.
Been wondering about my cross training also. I used to be a quick ol' man by doing a bunch of 3-4 mile runs all week long and a 5-6 miler, where as now I am running only 3 times a week and even though I am amassing the same mileage as before, it doesn't seem like I am doing enough. I'm going to stick to my plan, though and tweak it only very slightly as I don't want to mess with it too much. It just seems to be against what I've done for so long. Also, a lot of my X-training is actually strength training, and isn't really geared towards the goal of a marathon in January.
Still trying to find a half-marathon or 10K in September or October close to Fort Benning. I'm thinking of minimal cost.
Getting my grove on with the Battlefield 2 lately. Trying to get near to my actually rank on the game, but it's just a game. As with running, some games go good, and some are just OK, but some game is better than no game.
Both girls are having a sleepover tonight and the wife had them doing different activities, so they are happy girls.
Thanks to the Fort Benning Chaplin at the Follow Me Chapel for such a good family briefing. It helps to have somebody remind you of good ways to make deposits into the "Love Bank."
Reintegration Day 10 ... done. 16 more months 'til the next deployment ... Hooah.
No comments:
Post a Comment