Another great weekend has passed by, and what a rollercoaster of a Sunday I had. Usually, life moves on like a rollercoaster; it has it’s ups and down. But, Sunday was like it all by itself. When I got up to get ready for my long run, I thought I would check up on my emails and get going with life.
Only the computer wouldn’t boot up. Odd, so I tried it a few more times, trying little tricks that I had picked up over the years. Nada. I finally told myself that I was letting a great day get away from me and that I would let the computer keep trying to load up by itself. Again and again it would try only to be defeated by its own inability to get out of its “sleep.” I have found that sometimes you just have to let things go and they seem to work out on there own … somehow.
I went on my run, which could have “broke me off” in the first 10 minutes. I left with my GPS on and proceeded to head out of my block down a long steep hill. After a quarter mile of getting my legs back into action, I then proceeded up a long hill. After only ¾ os a mile, I was looking for a new set of lungs able to take the work load. I think it was on of the slowest miles I have ever run, but I got my steam and started on a historic run of Fort Benning. After jogging past the old Infantry museum after ascending Stonewall Road, I went by “Riverside” and the quarters that belonged to Dwight D. Eisenhower from 1932-1934. I continued up by Doughboy Stadium and Olsen Hall. Turning to the south then heading back east, I went by Airborne School and the 250 foot tall “Jump Towers.” I continued to the old Infantry Hall, which is now the home of WHINSEC and on to tree lined roads and housed nicknamed “White Elephants” because of there size and uniform white paint. That takes me up past the homes of some of the senior officers I work for; up a hill on the appropriately named “Running Avenue.” At the top of that hill I turned edging the Follow Me Golf Course until I hit a road going through the golf course, and then a road that passes by some of the ranges on Fort Benning. Finally, I turn back into my housing area for a 1 mile run back to my block. An all told time of 1 hour and 8 minutes.
Have to work on the breathing still, as the humidity was lighter, but still affecting me some, and keeping pace like I did during my half-marathon run on Christmas 2007.
The computer … still loading programs back into it, but the hard drive has taken up lots of room that should have been reclaimed by me. My next step … reloading the entire hard drive after formatting it all over again. I am not looking forward to that!
On the way on my run I was thinking that it’s funny that my computer was able to make it through the entire “Surge” of 15 months in the worst conditions possible, and somehow come out with minor glitches. I can’t believe it could just decide to quit on me for now good reason.
I guess maybe it needed a 30 day R & R too.
No comments:
Post a Comment