Goals Recap for March '09
There's a lot of red on this post, but goals have had to adjust. The big goals are still on but sometimes life and work (excuse my language) gets in the way of the best laid out plans.- Complete a marathon (COMPLETE)
- 1st marathon: 11 Jan, 09 (Walt Disney World, FL) (COMPLETE)
- 2nd marathon: 25 Jan, (Callaway gardens, GA) (COMPLETE)
- 3rd marathon: TBD
- Win a handbag for Household 6 by racing in a half-marathon.
- I'm not kidding! A Vera Bradley handbag! (Canned)
- Help Household-6 compete in a Sprint TRI. (Canned - Taking my nephew from the St. Louis area to do WDW the SPARTAN CLAN Way during this time period!)
- Improve on the 5K and 10K races.
- Aug 08 Country's BBQ 5K: 20:38 --- Goal, Sub 20:01
- 5K - 14 Feb 09 - 20:28
- Oct 08 Oktoberfest Cross Country 10K: 45:48 --- Goal, Sub 44:30
- 10K - Mar 09 - ShamRock 'n Roll 10K in ATL: 42:55.
- Next 10K: 18 Apr 09 - River Run in Columbus, GA.
- Log approximately 1500 miles for the year.
- From May 17 to Dec 31, 08 = 992 logged miles.
- I couldn't even get this right! Missed the 1K mark in 2008.
- I just logged over 109 miles for this month and I still have a (soggy) weekend to go. January was 106 miles and February was a just slightly over 80 miles. As my training has ramped up this month and I'll cross over the 300 miles for the year so far and move into a high mileage April.
- Compete in my first ultra-marathon and find more trail runs.
- I've been running a lot of trails around the Fort Benning area.
- Looking at May 3rd to be the date. The Buncombe 34M trail race in SC will most likely be my first attempt.
- Maintain or Improve my current weight and fitness.
- I don't mind gaining if it is the right areas. (GOOD)
- Army Physical Fitness Test: Feb 09 - 292 out of 300 points. Including a 12:24 2 mile run. (Fastest in my unit)
- Reworking Week 6 of the Hundred Push-Ups Challenge.
- Got my confirmation that I'm IN for the Goofy Challenge, January 2010.
1 comment:
That PT Test run time is just amazing. My best ever was 12:30, and that was when I was 20.
And since until about 3 months ago I've never been a fan of upper body work, the overall score is pretty fragging impressive too.
Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment