Sunday, May 3, 2009

Goals Recap for April '09

  • Complete a marathon (COMPLETE)
    • 1st marathon: 11 Jan, 09 (Walt Disney World, FL) (COMPLETE)
    • 2nd marathon: 25 Jan, (Callaway gardens, GA) (COMPLETE)
    • 3rd marathon: TBD
  • Compete in my 2nd Half-marathon.
    • Next scheduled is the WDW Half (Donald) in JAN 2010 (Part of the Goofy Challenge)
    • Would like a HM during the fall of 2009
  • Improve on the 5K races.
    • 14 Feb 09 - 5K: 20:28
    • 11 Apr 09 - Run For Reina 5K in PCB, FL: 18:02
    • 15 May 09 - Elf Fun Run Fundraiser, Fort Benning, GA: Goal, Sub-18
      • I'm going to pull out all the stops on this almost "super"-flat course.
    • 2# Aug 09 Country's BBQ Midnight Express5K: Goal: Sub 18:30 (some hills)
      • 2008 Course PR: 20:38
    • Run a 1 mile or 5K as a family!
  • Improve on the 10 K races.
    • 14 MAR 09 - ShamRock 'n Roll, ATL: 42:55
    • 18 APR 09 - Celebrity Classic River Run in Columbus, GA: 39:14
    • OCT 09 Oktoberfest X-C 10K: Goal, Sub 41:00 (Trail)
      • 2008 Course PR: 45:48
  • Log approximately 1500 miles for the year.
    • April was a great, high mileage month. I am now finishing a cycle down week due to the effort I put forth most of the month.
      • End of week mileage, April 5th: 33.8 / Long - 10+ miles
      • EoWM, April 12th: 45.3 / Long - 15.4 miles
      • EoWM, April 19th: 52.7 / Long - 8 miles (after a 10K)
      • EoWM, April 26th: 60.3 / Long - 24 miles
    • End of Month April: 191 miles
    • 2009 Year to Date: 514 miles
  • Compete in my first ultra-marathon and find more trail runs.
    • Doing a group trail run tomorrow instead of traveling to the 34 mile trail race in SC. I need to complete more training before taking on the 50K+ trails.
  • Maintain or Improve my current weight and fitness..
    • Taking the end of Week 6 test of the Hundred Push-Ups Challenge every two weeks.
      • I perform as many push-up correctly with no rest for 2 minutes.
      • The Army Physical Fitness Test only scores for 2 minutes.
      • Last test: 75 push-ups
  • Working on getting Household-6 to join me for the WDW Half or FULL since I'm in for the Goofy Challenge, January 2010.

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Progress for sure.

Unknown said...

Very impressive running resume you have! You might want to consider doing ING Atlanta Marathon this year. I have completely forgot about Callaway Gardens. I used to go there when I was a kid. Must be a beautiful place to run through. Another idea... Kiawah Island Marathon.

Nitmos said...

Your checklist is coming along nicely! Keep up the great work.