When I last spent time being a running-blogger, I often talked about goals. I guess that is as good as a place to start as anywhere... Back at goals.
Last year I missed a lot of my goals. I have spent a lot of time really beating myself down for missing goals. I think I have come to a place where I have turned that around and started focusing on the good things that have come out of what I did accomplish and what I tried to accomplish.
In 2010, I did complete the Goofy Challenge in Walt Disney World in January... In freezing rain. Under the shadow of a pending overseas deployment, I tied my marathon PR at a small race in Albany, GA called the Snickers Marathon. I ran with and paced a great running friend to her PR at the ING Georgia Marathon. (A PR in Atlanta can rarely be trumped!)
Over the summer I completed a relay race with 6 others across 270 miles from Fort Benning, Ga to Savannah. I also qualified to race the Army Ten Miler representing the Fort Benning team for the 2nd time.
October brought a new Disney race, the Wine and Dine half-marathon. It was a great night race, but spoiled by the after race party which was a disaster. Then the Army Ten Miler itself was disappointing due to a timing dispute for another member of our team.
In November, I completed a great local event, the Inaugural Soldier Marathon. We actually ran through 3 cities and two states. Then came a relay that was so fun, we had two 12-person teams from one group running in it - the Ragnar Central Florida relay. The event was so cool that we had no problems recruiting 4 designated van drivers.
There were a whole list of challenges I had to complete, all with there own hurdles to overcome. Through it all, I discovered the greatest gift of all is friends. I can not envision any race that I did where I did not feel the affect of friends routing for me. So despite a list of set-backs in 2010, I have finally been able to sit back, take a breath and realize that I made some things happen that I can be proud of.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
No comments:
Post a Comment