Tuesday: Only 4 days out until we load-up the FAV (Family Assault Vehicle) and head down to Walt Disney World. We are getting so excited, as if we have never been there before. We actually are old hats at navigating our way around WDW, to the point where we can tell you the best route to ambush a particular attraction while all the "noobs" are still looking at their park maps.
For me this was going to be another cross-training day as I hoped the Smith Gym pool might be open. But the Spartan Clan took a direct hit from enemy fire. The insurgent stomach bugs launched a complex attack against us today.
First down was our youngest who put up a brave fight and alerted us to the attackers at just after midnight. I'd post pictures, but I might get banned! Who'd have thought spaghetti would turn pink?
I got up to go into work and I felt fatigued; I'd been wounded. I sat down on the couch and it then took all my effort to get back up. But I did not feel as bad as Household-6 did when she got up. Victim number two and she was bad off. I attempted medical aid, but the two Spartanettes lay in sick-call most of the day.
Our oldest Spartan had build her defenses up and she held strong the whole day. She claimed it was her Chocolate inoculations. That's where she would eat too much chocolate when our backs are turned!
We are hoping that we have fought off the evil rebel insurgents and that this was just a raid that messes-up our lives, then leaves once it has done it's damage.
So Tuesday, I couldn't complain about my Achilles tender-nitis as my whole body ached. Every joint hurt some and my back felt ravaged. At one point when I was at Wally-World picking up prescriptions I tried to jog across the parking lot so I would not be in the way of traffic. That simple .006 kilometer made me feel like a 78 year old!
I can log that mileage, right!?!
Hopefully, Wednesday will be better ... so I can try out my new Asics kicks! Slowly ...
Very slowly.
3 comments:
I need some of those chocolate inoculations. Hope things are looking better!
In the Spartan clans hurry to get ready for movement to WDW, our oldest was struck suddenly. She seemed in good spirits and is resting up properly.
Household-6 called out, "Man down!" when our oldest came down with the bug.
Post a Comment