Last week seemed to be another non-scheduled taper week for my marathon training. It should have been a great week, as I have a pretty good plan set up. The Sunday prior to last week was a fairly good, motivational, 24 mile run that ended under 3 and a half hours.
Instead I had the stressors of changing units, sitting around waiting for signatures or calls to get my paperwork straight, finding the right people to make it happen, and so on … so forth. The whole process of moving from a great job to a new position has deflated my outlook, and I know that Household-6 can feel my current cruddy attitude, too. I got paid a really great complement last week when the guy who now holds my old job told me that I "set him up for success." At the same time it felt like I got a swift kick to the lower Spartans! (Or would that be Trojans?)
But I set out this week to get out of that funk. I had been offering motivation to other runners all week on my current haunt, the topic boards at http://www.disneyrunning.com/. It was about time I got my mojo back.
So scratch last weaks awful less then 20 total miles and get back on the wagon. I wrote off last week with a Sunday 9.4 mile main post loop and back in 1:09. When I headed out, I just felt like going at a quick clip, so I managed an average pace of 7:25. That's the way I stick it to ya, Mr. Bad week of training.
This morning, we got a reprieve from the frosty mornings we have been having in GA and went out in t-shirt and no gloves needed 52 degree weather. I was thinking 10 miles would be good, but I ended up going out and back for just over 11. In that one morning run, not only was I "back in the saddle ... again", but I had just pawned myself and the lousy mileage I put up in the previous 7 days.
Did I mention that I have another 20+ miler this weekend? It will be my last planned 20+ mile run before the WDW marathon on January 11th. The last 3 weeks will be keeping up a good base and staying as injury free as I can.
Bottom Line: 11.25 miles in 1:29:45 at an avgrage 8:00 per mile pace.
1 comment:
You'll soon get the new position sorted I reckon.
Enjoy the 20+ miler. :)
Post a Comment