Friday, February 6, 2009

Blogging Runners to the Races!

It appears that the first Virtual Race of the year is just around the corner. I have read about this from the blogs of Reid, USJogger, and Run For Life. USJogger posted on his blog here that he wanted to do something nice for Non-Runner Nancy as she has an injury that will side line her from running for a while.

So here's a reason (as if your needed one) to get out there and do what BRF's do best. Go run a 5K or more, then blog about it and send the link to USJogger.

Simple. And it looks like the weather may improve next week for Valentine's Day!

Happy Running!

Read the flexible freaks' story here.

5 comments:

Spike said...

This is my first time checking out your blog, its great. I'm also considering two marathons two weeks apart. Any suggestions or tips?

Spartan7 said...

Hey Spike! Thank for stopping by!
I checked out your blog and I think you have more experience with marathons than I do. My advice to doing two like I did is:
1. Do everything you can to recover from the first mary as possible. Walking around a theme park for hours worked for me ... driving for 6 hours the next day messed me up!
2. My longest run for the weekend in between the mary's was 10 miles. I would recommend only logging 20-25 miles total in between the marathons. I did some hills to get ready for Callaway Gardens, but no real speedwork.
3. Rest as best you can. I did a bit too much on the stationary bike in my transition to start getting ready to try a sprint-tri.
4. Hope for better weather for your recovery days! We had a cold snap come through while I was recovering/getting ready for the second marathon.

Good Luck!

Michelle said...

Wonderful!!!

I will try to walk a 5K with my BROKEN TOE!!!!

Or a little less but i will do it!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Nancy said...

Thanks so much! So humbled by everyone's support. Still cracking up he used that picture. :D

Enjoy every minute.
XOXO

Andrew is getting fit said...

Heh...did a few more than 7.