RRR
On a lazy Valentines Day, the synapses in my head fired again. I should review my "lofty" and often times "daft" Running Resolutions Monthly, and I'm 14 days late. So I submit to you those things that I have done, have left undone, or have rerouted to make other goals happen. Being that I am so goal oriented (OCD kicking in) I am still looking forward to the next goal. So for 2009, I have set myself up for failure. - Complete a marathon (Completed 2 in January!) - The WDW Marathon on 11 Jan, and the Callaway Gardens Marathon, Pine Mountain GA on 25 January
- Win a handbag for Household 6 by racing in a half-marathon. (I have opted out of the Seaside Half-Mary on 1 Mar to allow further healing)
- Help Household-6 compete in the Fort Benning Reverse Sprint TRI. (This falls during our next scheduled family vacation, so it may not happen.)
- I'm still riding a bike and,
- Re-learn how to swim in a straight line
- Qualify to run the Army 10 Miler (ATM) for the Fort Benning team. (If I'm going to go to Washington, D.C. then I think it should be on the governments dime. I have gone to the Middle East 6 times for Uncle Sam!) I have to get a bit faster.
- Improve on the 5K and 10K races.
- Aug 08 Country's BBQ 5K: 20:38 --- Goal, Sub 20:00. (5K race at 20:28)
- Oct 08 Oktoberfest Cross Country 10K: 45:48 --- Goal, Sub 44:00
- Log approximately 1400 miles for the year. (I'm behind for this year)
- Compete in my first ultra-marathon and find more trail runs!
Happy Trail!
1 comment:
How fast do you need to be to get on the Fort Benning team?
Post a Comment