Yes, one more reference to a Disney character. It's not even a race reference, either, as "Dopey" is the current new slang for doing 3 days worth of races during the the WDW Marathon Weekend. You would think that with all the Disney spirit and Pixie dust we have in the Spartan Household, I'd be on cloud nine all the time.I must report to you that if you want to read something fun and light today, go to Vanillas' Half Fast blog. You'll most likely get a kick out of the video there. Not here. No fun to be read about here as I belly-ache about my (random expletives) hip and the problems it has been giving me.
True. Some people have it worse than me, but this my turn to gripe and moan. Rest and recuperation... bah, humbug. Run and run faster! It became a discussion between Household-6 and I about who had been running with the most pain. Of course, I had to try and prove that I was sucking it more pain.
10.8 miles yesterday in the beautiful spring like snap we had. All around main post Fort Benning I traveled. When I returned, I must have looked like a damaged WWII aircraft, leaning to one side, looking as if I might not make it to the runway. That little jaunt proved one thing to me. I'm a 1D10T.
I need to heal up and that might require that I actually rest. The only runs I'm going to try are the ones that the Army says that I need to do. Other than that, I'll only go out for walks.
Bottom line: 10.8 miles in 1:29:30
This morning for PT: 2.3 in 21:09 ... even a 9:15 pace brought out a little of the pain.
The Real Bottom Line: Nagging injuries suck!
.
2 comments:
Heh...all runners seem to find it hard to rest. We're an odd bunch.
Hey dude, I KNOW!!!!
Rest sucks but sometimes we have no choice right?? Rest the hip so you can be out running come spring time!!!!
And you can be grouchy!! I know i am!!! :O)
Post a Comment