Thursday, February 26, 2009

There Be Trails Out There


Last week was fairly good for me. I found more trails to use, knocked out an outstanding Army Physical Fitness Test, and then added more trails together. I am currently working on a combination of trails that will equal up to a half marathon.

This week, more of the same as I try to find more trails near my workplace. As the weather gets a bit better, I'll have all these trails pieced together for one long run to or from work.

My reconnaissance run from work involved a stream crossing that was wasn't to bad. It seems my New Balance training shoes shrugged the water off fairly well and I did not sprain an ankle going from rock to rock.

I'll continue to work trails into my routine for long runs and easy run, eventually using them on some tempo runs! These maps are just some example of my recons.

Happy Trails!

No comments: