The candidates lined up in the early morning chill before being briefed by the Command Sergeants Major and one of the Battalion Commanders. LTC Harvey, the commander of 1-15 Infantry gets them excited, as he is not an Infantryman himself. SGM Harrison always gets them pumped up with his speeches about going downtown and impressing the young ladies with the EIB. The Brigade CSM Pearson fires them up with motivational speeches about not
All the candidates names are called out to verify that they are there to begin the testing.
The candidates then go down to one of 35 Stations to test. They may practice in the holding areas as much as they want, but when they line up in the test line, they must be "ready for prime time!"
Day 2, we tested 112 Soldiers. Our No-Go rate dropped from 10% to 5%. The Soldiers who are really fighting to get their badges are the ones that were left, and the proficiency they demonstrated proved it.
We had no Double "No-Go's". Unfortunately, we had two candidates dropped when they got a third, single "No-Go" at our station. (2 No-Go's from two other stations, plus the third from us.) I had to walk them up to the command tent and turn in their score sheets. I'm not heartless, but I have to uphold and enforce the standards.
My platoon lost a few more Soldiers from the test today. That's what makes it tough. Still, one of my squad leaders in still in the hunt, and has said during the pinning ceremony today, he wants my badge! It's actually an honor to be asked for your badge, as if passing it down from Infantryman to Infantryman.
Running News
I went out early Thursday to complete a 6 mile run with 4 to at 5 miles at tempo, but was only able to complete 2 and the warm up due to the "I-got-to-go-now!" alarm. There was not enough time for me to return and get in a good workout, as I needed to get ready to be out on the EIB site.
Other Stuff
I tried an energy drink the other day called XENERGY. On the can, it reads that it is the official energy drink of the UFC. I'm not like that young, super well known Olympic swimmer as I don't usually drink these things, but I do have them every now and then. Usually, I like to mix them with my favorite canned drink, Mountain Dew. Here's how it went.
1. It looked like a 7up
2. The 1 oz sip. Not bad, no aftertaste.
3. The 1-1 mix with MD. Seems to delude the MD taste too much.
Final: 12oz MD to 8 oz Zenergy = :)
Bottom Line, 2 mile run in 13:06. For the Army Physical Fitness Test that is above 100 points at my age, and any age group, on the PT test!
No comments:
Post a Comment