Wednesday, October 22, 2008

11, Night Moves and the New Kicks Get Some Love

Another long day has come to an end. Most importantly, it was my oldest daughters 11th birthday. I wasn't able to spend much of it with her, but I did call her before school and I was able to help her celebrate this evening after a long day at the EIB site.

At EIB, today was the last day that the candidates could practice their skills before full out testing tomorrow. The video I took is too, too, too big to post here, so I will have to get another video of our stations' task graded to a "GO" status.

Finally, I was crazy enough able to get in a cool (45 F) early morning run at 3:35 this morning. I had worn my new shoes from New Balance Harrisburg twice for breaking in since my Birthday October 10th. This would be my 768's first venture out on a run. I took off towards main post and completed my route around main post and back in a good time. The cold air didn't affect me much as I started out at a good pace and didn't let up much. This kept me warm the whole way through. I worked hard to have a good kick and tempo through most of the run.
My New Balance 768's or just a bit heavier than my Muzuno's, but are very stable and I felt no problems in my feet; they felt really good to me. I wanted to have a trainer that would have some stability, so I think that I made a good choice with this shoe.
On the subject of running, I found this picture of the Oktoberfest 10K. It is still early in the race, and I am in the dark blue t-shirt and yellow hat. I would end up passing all these "fools." The guy next to me with the singlet would give me a run for my hard earned Dinero until 4K's in.

Back on today's run, the first 5 miles in 37:26 @ 7:29 pace. the next to were slower at a 7:50 pace, and the final 1.4 was at a 7:45 pace.

Bottom Line: 9.38 miles in 1:12:14 @ 7:41 avg. pace and the new shoes are great!

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Sounds like another great run.