Here is a video of the EIB test for the Mk 19 (pronounced "Mark-nineteen") station. It was too big to fit directly on blogger, so I did the next best thing. Hey, what isn't on YouTube! This video is best played while listening to "Eye of the Tiger!" This was taken yesterday while the candidates were still doing practice tests. This individual got a "GO". Sorry, no loud booms as we use dummy rounds for the test.
Today was a good day, and we tested 101 personnel. Of them, we had just under a 90% first time "Go" rate, a direct reflection of the training that myself and my graders gave the Soldiers, I must add. Of the 11 "No-Go's", 9 were retest "Go's". Sometimes you can't save everyone. We considered my station like running into an enemy foxhole. Some EIB stations were like running into a machine gun nest, handing out "No-Go's" left and right. One station was like the Battle of the Bulge, taking down almost entire squads!
Wild Tangent, Random Thoughts.
Widened the size of the main blog post width. Looking at going even wider, as most people have wider screens. Thinking of changing the colors for autumn and for "HELL-o-ween!" Thinking of starting this blog under a .com of it's own. Anyone have any suggestions to the above, let me know.
I was thinking about how I really don't blog about Soldier issues much more than what I do. I am very proud of my years in service and my contribution to the US Army. I am at a crossroads fighting the pull of career, family and personal goals. All are solid, anchored rocks in my life that must pull against each other with me lashed in between.
I also don't want to seem too political, but of the candidates for US President, there is one that I have seen in the war zone with my own eyes only 10 feet away and felt that the way he handled the crowd was like a big happy gathering. Then there was one I saw on the news, not even talking with the troops on an in and out visit. You can probably figure out who I want to be the leader of America and who I think hasn't got a clue.
Please, you can't change my opinion, you can only voice your own. It is the Soldier who has given you that right to disagree, to write freely, and even burn the very flag that the Soldier protects.
I have met GEN David Peterus. Freaking great guy; with a whole lot of rank. Didn't talk down to me but talked with me. Yes, Soldiers had to fight to make "The Surge" happen, and even I felt the reality of that. But it worked, and this war was turned around because of it. I've been out on the streets of an untame nation with him in my patrol. He was not wearing body armor to meet with the local Muqtars. And the General is a runner ... who can run circles around me.
Got my first "hit" from Hawaii. That's cool.
Back From Random Thought Land
Lost 4 guys in my platoon to the Battle of EIB. "No-Go's" went off at one station as if like an IED, taking out 2. Then the other 2 were picked of by insurgent "No-Go's."
Bottom Line: I will run some speedwork tomorrow very early morning before my early start out at EIB to continue testing the Soldiers.
2 comments:
Very interesting video.
I've been watching the American elections with a great deal of interest and it seems like Obama has it in the bag according to all the polls.
I remember growing up I always wished I was an American. Now I'm happy to be a New Zealander. ;)
Still wouldn't mind a green card! ;)
Post a Comment