08:00 - I'm just sitting in the comfy chair with laptop and my dark coffee. (Storyhouse, with some Splenda.)
I already hit a run at 00:01 this morning; 6 miles at a moderate pace. I encountered some rain as the outer belts of Fay come through Fort Benning. I really enjoyed the run last night, and main post is not as dark as other places on Fort Benning to run on at night. The rain felt great, and hit during the last 2 miles, the only downside was the wind coming in at me from the front. Not a stand me up and knock me down type of wind, but still, as bit of resistance. I got cleaned up and had a fantastic meal of leftovers that my Household-6 brought back from her "Girl's Night Out." Got 7 hours of sleep, which is more than usual for me.
I have the Midnight run tonight, so I'm going to take it easy with a few chores around the house and a trip to the store. I think 23 hours of rest and relaxation should be good as I don't think that a 5K requires to much of a taper.
Do you think donuts would be good pre-race food?
(That's a joke...?)
09:30 - The hardest thing for me right now is telling my mind that I do not have to run today. Go mow the grass, if it is dry enough. Wash the dishes. Take care of the kitty litter. A self proposed no running profile by Dr. Me.
Maybe some abs?
16:30 - Went to the Post Exchange (like a WalMart, abbreviated P.X.) and back, wtched some Olympic coverage and did my 100 Push-ups Challenge fit test for week 4 to go to week 5. I scored over 40 again, but not 50. These are consecutive push-ups, and I think that if I'd have fought more and the phone wouldn't have started ringing, I could have gutted through it. That puts me starting week 5 in the highest bracket. Should be interesting.
I've started to concentrate on my hydration, but I don't want to over do it too early.
19:00 - Still raining. I'll most likely leave the house around 8:30 PM. They have a lot of festivities going on at the start/finish point, but the rain may drive some away. Searching for updated information, I found the links for last years pictures. What made last year different was that they supported the 3rd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division by live video feed so that loved ones back here would know that we were doing well and thinking of them. Turns out that one of the few pictures posted of the troops has me in it. I don't want to sound like a bragger, but I am up front and in focus of the picture. The race directors held to their word and we got our tech-shirts about 1 1/2 months latter. FOB Hammer was a great place but I'm glad that I am able to race it in person this year.
5 comments:
Enjoy the 5K. Maybe a PR?
I'm not thinking that I'll get a PR as the course is actually 3.3 miles, and it has a lot of uphills, and it will not stop raining.
... what am I saying. I'm going to nail this thing!
So your run 2X a day?? Or you like to get your run over with at midnight??
Either way, very cool and good luck on your 5K plus a little extra tonight!!
M
Thanks for your kind words. I am sometimes often faced with having to do two-a-days, for both my training, and for my job. I have found that running around at nght is quite relaxing, but I am normally in deep sleep by midnight. I made the run last night to mess up my internal clock for the race tonight. I'm pretty good at getting my body back on schedule, even if I shift things around for a few days.
This week may suffer with having with my long run being less than the previous weeks.
Wow, great blog. Kudos to holding to your passion of running while in the service - I am humbled by receiving your compliment on my blog. I am in great anticipation of your 5k race report now - hope you had a great race.
Post a Comment