Here's to Shéamus!
Hope that you have a safe return back to your homeland. For any one ... "Bueller?" ... who has not clicked over to this man's blog, he is honestly inspirational. His mission is to run everyday for a year, at least 20 minutes a day, and he has fought though sick days, colds, climate changes and a hop "across the pond" from England to Mississippi. He has passed day 80 and is continuing on in his quest.
He has motivated me to push harder. It's almost like having a running buddy and competitor as we have similar times, similar drives to do more than the mileage we currently are doing; both staying in shape and eating as naturally as possible. His blog has reached out to quite a few people, and I have been blessed to have met somebody like him.
He is leaving the States tonight and returning to his beloved homeland. I wish him God speed and good luck in his endeavors.
Shéa, if you ever need to pass the baton, like after day 365 ... unlike the Olympic American relay teams, I would be there to help out.
During his trials he started a contest in which he was giving away a few prizes. He was giving to us, his readers. I guess he understood the sincerity in my posts and replies to him, as I "won" the runners up prize of 50/50, the book about Dean Karnazes' 50 marathons, in all 50 States ... in 50 days!
I am truly honoured and humbled. I believe you, too ... are a Spartan.
1 comment:
I could not have said it any better myself!!!
Please check out my running blog:
http://runningdowndreams.wordpress.com/
M
Post a Comment