Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tired Tendons

Too tired to blog. 13.51 miles and just shy of 2 hours on the road ... must make it to bed.
No Olympics ... Not Tuesday to see Big Balls on "Wipe Out" ... must get rest.

Today's lesson ... the post stretch should not be rushed. Sore legs do not a happy run make.

In fact; running really hurts ... sometimes. (REMs' Everybody Hurts went through my mind.)

Lesson #2: Slow down. I was running like an animal when I headed out and I knew I was going out for at least 7 miles. I hit one mile in less then 7:40 ... for a long run. I was going to kill myself.

Bottom line: 13.51 miles in 1:52:08. 1st 5 in 38:00 @ 7:36 avg. Finally settled down into my pace after mile 5.8 for the next 10 miles a@ 8:37. One loop around the trail tired, then home.

I think I downed 32oz of Gatorade in record time when I got home.

Zzzzz....

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Spartan, i am very proud of your accomplishment!! You did an amazing job my running friend!!!

Michelle