Monday, August 18, 2008

Moving Right Along

Before we got started with our physical fitness session, the other platoon sergeants and I were discussing how we were going to do our Army Physical Fitness Tests (APFT). We had all decided to do a diagnostic test this week, but we were now trying to coordinate doing them all together. I will probably do an informal diagnostic PT test tomorrow, but it now looks like the troops will be doing an official practice test next week.

The canon for the raising of the flag worked, but the speakers for the music were out, so we rendered our honors to the nation and proceeded with today's task. We broke down into ability groups and all did a 2.6 mile route around the outer loop of Kelley Hill. For an easy run, with a few hills, the "Gazelle's" and I still moved out at a 8:05 pace. Extremely good as we kept the our entire group together and we had the majority of the platoon in our group. I'm very impressed with the fitness of the platoon, as they are one of the most fit groups I've ever seen. I just hope that when we start getting new guys that they can keep up.

Planning now to run home from work this afternoon (5 miles) then back in for tomorrow morning. We will have to see what life brings.

No comments: