This morning began with my first run with my new platoon. On Friday, I moved to an Infantry Company to take over a platoon. It's a very sought after job, as there are only 12 Infantry platoons on Kelley Hill.
The task was to conduct a 4 mile run called, "the tower run." At almost 2 miles out is a large communications tower. To get there requires going down a few long hills, and going up to the tower on one long hill, and then returning by taking three uphills back! It is not a run for the weak or faint hearted!
I ran most of it with the fastest group, and when they got to the top, I turned around to collect the next group. I wanted to send a message. i would never leave one of my men behind, and I can take it. Later that day, some of them told me they had heard rumors that I was a long distance runner. I let them know that I could help them, too.
After a full day of regular work, it seemed as if the evening just disappeared. All of my and my wife's plans got shot down, and we were in at the dinner table, then rushing the chillin's to bed time activities. At 8 PM, I started my 100 Push-up Challenge. I accomplished it well enough, but either because of the waiting until later into the day, or just finishing dinner a half-hour before, I felt like I was really working hard to crank the push ups out.
Then I left the house for the trail. Still a lot of light left, and I could tell I was not going quite as fast as I normally would. On the trail I spotted 3 deer and 1 rabbit. When I got out of the trail, the street lights were on and the sky was pretty dark. Seems like this week is starting like last week, run wise.
AM: 3.8 miles in 34:30 (avg. 9:05 pace)
PM: 3.8 miles in 29:59.89 (avg. 7:56 pace)
100 Push-ups Challenge: 27, 20, 20, 17 and 29 with 60 second breaks
No comments:
Post a Comment