SPARTANS! Tomorrow we go through the breach of Hell, again! I will lead my Soldiers on the trail and through the darkness. WE WILL EMERGE ... TRIUMPHANT!
The 12 mile tactical foot march. I still have two hand-fulls of Soldiers that need to complete it within the EIB standard of 3 hours. So, again, I will lead them through it ... with all the pain, sweat and gear. I have asked my leaders at all levels to take their Soldiers and pace them through the foot march so that they can see leadership in action.
Last time, I actually posted a time to beat. Now, I am trying to motivate the remaining Warriors across the line in time so that they can compete for the right to wear the Expert Infantryman's Badge. But when it is all said and done, it will have to be earned on their own motivation and dedication. I can only guide them so far, but I know that they all have the heart to do it as I was witness to it 2 weeks ago when they fought to make it in on time despite the extreme heat and humidity we were having then.
Inside, I do fear that I could find a bad rock and roll my foot or yank my shoulder. But I will not show fear, or weakness, but instead personal courage and determination. And the Spartans will follow me!
2 comments:
Good luck!
At least the weather is much more comfortable for you all today. I hope the march goes very well and you have a whole bunch of spartans make it across that line in EIB time!
Post a Comment