Monday, September 15, 2008

The (What Did I Start) 100 Mile Challenge!

Last night as I'm watching one of many football games, I stopped for a moment to see how my fantasy football team was doing. I saw that Sheamus had then put up a new post in which he had written up a 100 Mile Challenge. 100 miles in 2 weeks, to be more precise! What's more is that I'm partially (to blame) responsible.

So lets throw in the red flag and get an official review of the situation.

It started on day 103 of his 365 day challenge. He had passed 412 miles and asked, "Anyone want to take a guess on the date that I’ll reach 500 miles?"

I guesstimated that by taking in a short day (4), a mid day (7), and a long day (10), he could get there by day 116.

On day one-oh-four, he had done another 7 miles. He also posted that weather in his area was going to get better. Therefore, I felt that more miles would follow and that my prediction would be close to the mark.

Then on day 105 I got called out! So now, my running partner from across the pond has put me on the spot. I can't let him go it alone. That's a lot of running to accomplish.

So I wrote to him I'm in.

100 miles, 14 days - and two of those days for me are travel / out of town days. What I should have said is that I'm out ... of my mind! If I could count the last two days, I'd be sitting pretty. I may have to use the "sliding rule" rule for this one! But that's not fair ... drat, drat and double drat!

3 comments:

Kris said...

Oh. Dear. God.

Anonymous said...

House Hold Six has spoken!

Andrew is getting fit said...

You are both nuts! I like it but I'm not in. :)