The first run was more of a jog; in boots, helmet and with rucksack. It was still achieved at such a good pace we actually passed other PT groups! Our group of 9 Soldiers completed the training run of 3 miles in 28 minutes; 8 minutes ahead of our 36 minute goal.
The second run was through the woods of the fitness trail. The humid and steamy morning air seemed to quickly fill my lungs and I felt like I was fighting to maintain pace. In reality it was also that I that was pushing myself more that I should have been. Trail lap 1 in 12:41; lap 2 in 12:49 and lap 3 in 12:45. After the 3 loops through the trail, I returned home for a well deserved breakfast and protein shake.

The chart depicts what mileage I would have using the "Sliding Rule" rule. The two long runs would add to the mileage, making it 29.8 miles. BUT ... since I announced that I would accept the challenge after I completed the run on Sunday the 14th, it is only fair that I start from today.
Change 1: In getting guideance from the comments off Shéamus' blog, Sunday counts, as it was the day the challenge started. 19.4 miles. >>Whew<<
I also worked the 100 Push-up Challenge, Week 5, day 1, tonight. Ouch.
Bottom Line: 3 miles in full kit in 28:00 @ an avg. 9:20 pace; 5.7 miles in 42:36 @ an avg. 7:30 pace.
2 comments:
The run in full kit is rather impressive!
Thank you. I really owe the time to the whole group of Soldiers that completed the run! The junior Sergeants really "drove the train" an that movement.
Post a Comment