We performed a 3.5 mile run around Twilight Pond. Near the end, I broke up the group and ran the gazelles around the hill for an extra 1.3 miles. It served as a motivator for the faster or able to do more mileage troops.
The hard part in planning long, slow runs with the platoon is that for regular Army guys, 4 to 5 miles IS a long run. But for me now, I only consider a long run to be over 9 miles. A slow run with anything less is an easy run in my training log. My point is that it is sometimes difficult to plan for the entire platoon to run fair amounts.
I was joking with the Sergeant who works at my EIB station that I was closing today out with a 4 mile deficit in the 100 mile challenge. I was joking, as I feel that I am actually putting down pretty consistent and solid mileage this week. I felt that with two 7 mile efforts over the next few days, I'd be good. But I'm feeling great, and I really wanted to run some more.
This evening, the wife actually suggested a good time for me to get in a few miles. I took her up on the offer and headed out to run the fitness trail. It was a nice evening, and there were actually quite a few people out there running or jogging. I ran by 6 people out there, and one was a serious looking dude that was running the trail loop the opposite way. I actually had really great splits with a 12:40, 12:40 and 12:30 for my three laps.
End of day chart for 17 September, 2008
I'm amazed at how well my body is adjusting to the consistent mileage as I will soon be hitting 50 miles per week. Yet my only near term event is a 10K on Oct 18Th, so the base mileage is going great.
On a side note, HouseHold6 was not feeling well last night. I got her water and tried to help her get some rest. Yesterday, she completed 4 miles on Stewart Field, with three of then running! She is recovering from injuries, but is determined to do the Walt Disney World Half-Mary the day before my Marathon. I am proud of all her efforts! Her last post talks about her 2 mile solid run.
Bottom Line: PT run of 4.8 miles in 38:00. Evening trail run of 5.6 miles in 42:08.
3 comments:
My wife has taken up running as well. It's great!
I agree, wives who run rock (would love to get mine to the point of a HM, kudos to your wife).
Now I just have to wait for the days when our schedules will allow us to go running together!
Post a Comment