Veteran's Day.I'm not a flag waving patriot, but a Soldier who has devoted my life to serving the flag and the country it represents. The mission of the Army is to preserve the peace; and in the absence of peace win the Nations wars.
We are winning, despite what America's own press may say. We will persevere and become stronger, though lessons learned and sacrifices made. It is the Soldiers and their families that make sacrifices so that rest of the nation can rest at night. I was simply looking for a picture of Soldiers and flags when I came across this picture. How sad it makes me when I think of how true it is. Some of our bothers have fallen, and yet many of us continue to Soldier on, and live in the shadow of their memories.
I could rant and rave as I've got enough personal feelings about this day. Instead I should simply say thank you.
Thank you to all Veterans.
And Happy Birthday to Household 6. She has faced her battles and is a veteran on the home front.
2 comments:
I don't always agree with the political direction of your country but I have to say I have always regarded your military as a force for good in the world. Thank you.
And happy birthday to your wife!
Well said. Thank you. Happy birthday to your wife as well. :)
Post a Comment