I keep being told by many that it is not neccasary to go the full distance, but then why do many people do it for every other distance runs? So, I will get in a 26 miler before toeing the line in 57 days!
On Monday, I went exploring around downtown Columbus on a part of the Riverwalk that I had not been on before. Most of the path is new and extends north of where I have run before. It was a nice day, and I got to see quite a lot of new sights. the coolest part was where the path was closed and there was a wrecking ball destorying a 90 year old factory. Cool! I wish that I'd have had my camera for that.
Tuesday was a wild day! I left out in the afternoon and as I got going, I had it in mind to do a tempo run for as long as I could carry it.
Turns out I was ahead of my normal 5 mile time by 2 minutes and was still flying at over six, when I would have shattered my 10K time by a full measure of a full minute.
After an unexpected pit-stop, I continued to kill the mileage and for a brief moment had hopes of shattering 9 miles in 1 hour. It was not to be, and I got 8 in 57 minutes and 9.4 in 1:07 and change.
Wednesday is when I got these pictures of the trails around Kelley Hill on Fort Benning. After helping run the simulators for the Bradley Fighting Vehicles, I then helped set up "points" for future training. I all, I hiked 9.5 miles, and got some good ideas for future trail runs!
So, I'm on course with training. I need to step it up next week, as I'll be on vacation the whole Thanksgiving week. I will have to make runs happen as needed, more on that later! And this week has been a mixed bag of runs. It is a full moon, but the rains here have covered up what would otherwise make for outstanding night runs!
Happy Trails!
No comments:
Post a Comment