November started off on the right foot as I logged a good run. I tried just taking my time and going out for about 9 or so miles. (For real, I was like, "9, 10, whut-eveah.") As I wove my way through the neighborhoods on Fort Benning's main post, I got to see all the Halloween decorations still hanging up, and most of them lit up still. Running down one street, I only saw one smashed pumpkin, so I made sure to kick another one off some poor officer's porch until it blew apart down the road. I'm joking; I would never kick a pumpkin down the street, as I could injure my delicate and petite size 12 feet. Quarterbacked that orange squash like a pro, is what I did!
Saturdays are always a bit of a time crunch on the runs as I need to be back in time to start my parent patrol so HouseHold-6 can go instruct her morning step class. It got me thinking about my day ahead, which lead me to thinking about the economy. As of late, I have needed to get smaller uniforms. I should be excited about needing to buy clothes that don't fit me like a tent. I have lost and kept off around 30 pounds since May. The real change occurred around the August and September time frame when I seeming cut fat out of my body like I was on a butchers table.
Around that time, I was moving up in mileage. 11, 12, 13, and 15 miles were becoming my long runs. The 9.4 mile loop around main post went from a sweaty chore to, "I can do that faster!" My 185 weight became 175 almost overnight. Now, I sit around 168-173, and my pants sit around my ankles. I honestly never thought a constant 185 would ever be in my on my scales readout. I haven't seen 187 (on an undercover cop*) since April, 2001.
So when I completed my run this morning, with the last 4 being run like a man who thought he might be late, I had to look forward to finding a pair of dress uniform pants that would not look like a pleated dress when I put them on. So far at mid-day, without paying full price, I'm out of luck!
Bottom Line: 10.09 miles (16.25K) in 76:26, at an Avg. pace of 7:34 per mile.
Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits.
No comments:
Post a Comment