A lot of runner's blog about pacing often. The running gearheads at RunnersWorld have re-published some articles about even and negative split pacing at RunnersWorld.com (Sept) here and RunnersWorld.com (August) here.
The articles suggest that the only way to kill PR's on long distances is for negative splits, and 5K and 10K's seem to work well with even splits. The key is telling the body not to relax too much during 5 and 10's and start slowing down; to override the minds natural instinct to conserve energy. I hope I'm not reading something wrong. :confused:
If I had more time, I would try to compare pacing to the Presidential election!
I am Spartan 7 and I approved this message.
Parts of this post pasted from Spartan7's comments at <http://forums.runnersworld.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=964101347&f=713106038&m=2631071405&r=7121032565>
3 comments:
I'm yet to run a negative split in a race. Its something I'll have to work at.
tramadol online tramadol dosage human - can you buy ultram over the counter
negative side effects from phentermine how to buy phentermine online no prescription - buy phentermine online no prescription cheap
Post a Comment