Sprints, legs and abs.
Today was my first day since I've returned from Iraq that I have done a "regular" Army PT session. Since the troops had done an all around workout yesterday, I made today a and easy to manage day, and took my guys and gals to the new Brigade field.
After stretching there legs out with some new stretches that they had never done before, I had them run around the field twice as a warm up. It is about as long as 1 and a half football fields and has a walkway around it.
As we got to the far end on lap two I send them 3 and 4 at a time as they got in on sprints across the field. they jogged back along the sides at a decent pace and then back tot eh sprint, for a total of four sprints. After two more laps at a fast jog, we then performed "The Pedestal" for 10 reps each leg. It was new to most of them and the guys got a lot of sweat going. After cool down we were jogging back to our Company area and a captain that had joined us told me he liked it. He was covered in sweat; he is a pretty fit guy himself. At about 10:00 in the office, a couple of sergeants were talking about how this or that hurt and that it felt good. :)
It was completely different than Army PT and the Soldiers liked it because it was new to them, and it targeted specific areas and not just an all around, try to everything workout.
Yeah, I happy. I smoked them...slowly, deliberately.
If the weather holds out, I still have a 5 mile tempo run to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment