Thursday, July 24, 2008

New What...?

They say you should never go out on a big run or a race with anything new. This in mind, I wanted to try out a newer pair of underwear that was part spandex. I had in mind a nice 5 mile run with some challengeing hils, and I would normally wear biker shorts or Under Armour compression shorts.

In my mind was the fact that 5 miles was probably going to be my best bet at a short run this week and I thought that the days of getting "thigh burns" from shorts was over. I had just tested out a pair of new starter socks, and that went well, so I was hoping for great results.

Unfortunatly...I knew at mile 1, it was not going to go well. I slowed down a bit. By mile 2, I'd had enough. Test over. Luckily, I was on a loop so I only had a mile to walk home.

I've touted Under Armour's horn before when I was writing about things that make life better over in Iraq, and I'm here to say again ... the price is a little higher, but it is worth it.

No comments: