
Today's run was not all that I had hoped for as the rains last night brought more humidity than I would have liked. I chugged through 6.6 miles of what was to be a tempo run that turned into a medium run with a medium pace. Something about these tempo runs that just doesn't work well with me, but I can do interval runs and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) runs with the best of them.
Knocked out 6.6 miles on the Katy Trail in St. Charles, MO at around 7:30 in the morning. Was a wet day with temperatures around 68 degrees and overcast sky's. There were a few bikers, walkers and one runner who was a bit quicker than I was out on the same patch of the trail that I was on.
I had run the trail before a few years ago when I was just out for running and not really for keeping track of things. I've always wanted to be training up for a run and not for the next big Army event in my life.
Lately, I have been really down on myself as I don't feel as if my running is going as well as I like. Even though my vacation has been in the middle of my plan, it hasn't affected it too much as I have been able to work around it and do good workouts. I really feel like this new training plan isn't pushing me to potential with my speed, even though my run distances are increasing. I'm hoping to jump up my plan after these first 16 weeks are through and hopefully tweak my next plan to perhaps a 12 week plan.
On with the stats; today I did the 6.6 miles in 57:30. I continued on for about .6 more in a cool down in about 5:15.
I got pictures of the Lewis and Clark Expedition monument which is near the position of their campsite near St. Charles. The statue or them with a large dog shows them facing west and looking straight over the park and into the city. Roads leading north and west from here labeled with Lewis and Clark Trail signs.
I also found a Memorial to Service members by the Missouri River. It's in a place near the parking lot but hidden by trees from the city of St. Charles. I say that I found it, as I would not have seen it had I not been curious and walked over the the flags.
No comments:
Post a Comment