Saturday, July 19, 2008

GREAT LONG RUN

My run on Sunday was GREAAAAT!
It was the first time that I had "run" 10 miles straight since my half-marathon on December 25th, 2007. I really was worried that I may have the same power issues that I had last Saterday. But today, my run went well, and I still had a better pace per mile than I thought I would have ended up with.
I started out at 6:15, just as the sun was starting to come up on Fort Benning, and assaulted the two big hills just around the courner from my front door. One big steep hill down, a quarter mile break then a steap incline up, up, up to main post. Just past that is mile 1; where abouts I caught my full breath and started running better. From there on out, it was a grand tour of main post and back again to the lower side of my housing area.
When I hit the road that heads back to my neighborhood at 7.14 miles, I could have taken it and knocked off at 8 miles. But felt good and had pushed through wanting to slow down. I wanted to use how well I felt and push on. I took a right turn and headed around my housing area.
With a little bit of back tracking at the end, I was able to nail down exactly 10 miles right at the entrance to my court.
I'd spent an hour and 27 minutes on the road tacking on a per mile time of 8:42 ... which was perfectly inbetween my 8:12 to 9:12 time that I was aimimg for. I wish I would have broken down my run my miles, but I didn't have everything set up for that.
I'd had a long Saturday and this really made up it.

No comments: