Sooner or later, everyone crashes.
I feel like a lot of mistakes contributed to my long "hill" run being more of a fight than a good trainnig run today. A night of having foods that I normally don't have; starting out too fast; not enough hydration for the run all led up to a lingering finish.
The humidity didn't help either, and for the first time in my training, I was actually able to ring out my singlet on the run.
I need to get a runners belt. I had planned a water stop at Kelley Hill, which is just past my 5 mile mark and lasts until just before the 7th mile begins. I didn't get enough water at my stop, and that hurt me in the end.
Pace, push, power = performance. Or lack there of it.
By the numbers: 10 miles in 1:28:30; equaling a pace of 8:51 per mile. I hit 5 miles at 41:30, which suggests my early pace was too much. My pace is in the right training area for me, but again, I have to use that pace throughout the run, not just in the middle.
Looking forward to cross-training tomorrow to work out the soreness I'm feeling.
1 comment:
As I've said I use a Fuel Belt for my longer runs and I picked up mine new, from eBay, for about half of the price it is in the stores. Definitely worth a search on there. And it does make a difference.
One other tip: fill the bottles and stick them in the freezer 30-45 minutes before you run, or even longer if it's very hot. If they're partially frozen, then great - they'll melt and warm up very, very quickly in heat and against your body, and there's not much worse than warm, plastic-tasting water 8 miles into a workout... :)
Post a Comment