I had another great training session Wednesday night as I went to the marked 1 mile loop (Stewart Field) on main post to do my speed work. The results were really good, and I felt good enough to do one more 800 meter (1/2 mile) lap than I had planned.
I was off my mark on my first two speed iterations in the good way, but knew I needed to level out and not thump my body so hard. The first two half miles were in 3:09 and 3:13, a considerable difference from my planned 3:23. All said and done, I did 5 miles in 40:40 and felt pretty good about the whole deal.
I have made two main adjustments to my training. The first one is that this week I begain training for a 5K instead of a half-marathon pace; but just for the next 6 weeks. I'm keeping and continuing to up my miles per week by 10-15%, but working on intervals that wil help me try to make a goal of a 21 something minute 5K on 23 August at the Country's Midnight Madness 5K is going to be held here in Columbus, GA. The race is actually at midnight Saturday, so it should be fun!
The next thing is that I'm going to add more of my trail runs into my trainig mix when I get back on the increase in pace from 5K to 13.1 miles. I have more of a trail runners mentality to things than a road runners. For example, if I don't feel so great on Saturday, than maybe I should not run my long run on that day, but if I'm feeling outstanding on a 4 mile run, then why not keep going. I'll keep road runs in my mix as I have to build up the legs for the shoock of the pavement.
All in all, I'm starting to have my love of running back after a week of ho-hums.
1 comment:
hey,how are you!the reason im on this is because i clicked on my own interest(ozzy)and wound up here.i have my own blog site too!
Do u like splinter cell?i want a movie of it.my blog site is
http://splintercellmovie.blogspot.com
u should go to it. and my email is
monkeywithglock@gmail.com
Post a Comment