Motivation, dedication and inspiration.Over the last week I have found new ways to continue on with my running goals and have had a lot more fun doing it.
First off, there is a guy named Shea "across the pond" who has been running everyday for the last 50 days and is planning on running for a whole year "Every. Single. Day." as his blog states. If you're looking for motivation check out his blog at iRun365.com. He does a really great job talking about his runs and about different people and events that inspire him to do it. I try to do something active everyday, but this really great guy is holding himself accountable buy using charts and reporting his progress. His writings have definitely made me more dedicated to accomplishing my goals.
Second, over the last week I have tweeked my training plan ... twice. First, I recalculated SmartCoach on RW.com to hook me up with a more aggressive plan set for a 5K in 6 weeks. It came back with a good plan but I had some problems with the frequency and times of some of the training. About 4 days ago I ran across some discussions for McMillan Running and the training site had an excellent running calculator. From my half-marathon time, it was able to pop up probable times for most other races, up to a marathon, and training paces for different types of workouts. Not just one specific time or pace, but a range that you can use based on your current training. Simply put ... Awesome.
So over the last weeks of workouts, I have been motivated, invigorated and inspired to retain my dedication.
No comments:
Post a Comment