I thought this video was an awesome retelling of the Forrest Gump story. It takes a few creative liberties, but it is really cool!
Tomorrows' Physical Training, a trail hike (and I mean trail!) in teams carrying medical litters with water jugs to make up the weight of a human.
Update: After the late afternoon thunderstorms, I decided to get in a late run before it got to dark. I took off to the fitness trail in a slight shower of rain. It felt good just like it had the night before. I was really invigorated and "I just felt like running!"
Before I left I asked my ten year old daughter if I should do a road run or a trail run. She said I should do a trail run and I replied that was what I was feeling like. Then she said because I could write about nearly being killed by a ten-foot snake if I should encounter one!
Anouther listen-to-the-body-as-I-roll-out type of run. Since I had already measured the distance to there, around it twice and back to the house, I didn't need to grab my clunky Garmin Rino and was able to just head on out. I scooped up the camera on my way out as I wanted to try and get some pictures of the trail as I was running and practice taking pictures on the run with the camera.
There were a lot of blurry photos, but in the end, I got a couple that were cool. the run was great, and I came back wet but happy. I just feel like going on the trails is so much down to the roots of my running as I am more of a free spirit and I like it when the body and mind work together and tell me what they want to do.
I was hoping for a negative split, but I think that I was so in tune with going that I couldn't get my legs to slow down on the first half of the run.
Miles: 4.16 Total: 29:09; 1st half - 14:22, 2nd half - 14:47. I wanted to get a negitive split, but it wasn't in the cards for my tonight.
Tomorrows' Physical Training, a trail hike (and I mean trail!) in teams carrying medical litters with water jugs to make up the weight of a human.
Update: After the late afternoon thunderstorms, I decided to get in a late run before it got to dark. I took off to the fitness trail in a slight shower of rain. It felt good just like it had the night before. I was really invigorated and "I just felt like running!"
Before I left I asked my ten year old daughter if I should do a road run or a trail run. She said I should do a trail run and I replied that was what I was feeling like. Then she said because I could write about nearly being killed by a ten-foot snake if I should encounter one!
Anouther listen-to-the-body-as-I-roll-out type of run. Since I had already measured the distance to there, around it twice and back to the house, I didn't need to grab my clunky Garmin Rino and was able to just head on out. I scooped up the camera on my way out as I wanted to try and get some pictures of the trail as I was running and practice taking pictures on the run with the camera.
There were a lot of blurry photos, but in the end, I got a couple that were cool. the run was great, and I came back wet but happy. I just feel like going on the trails is so much down to the roots of my running as I am more of a free spirit and I like it when the body and mind work together and tell me what they want to do.
I was hoping for a negative split, but I think that I was so in tune with going that I couldn't get my legs to slow down on the first half of the run.
Miles: 4.16 Total: 29:09; 1st half - 14:22, 2nd half - 14:47. I wanted to get a negitive split, but it wasn't in the cards for my tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment